The T661 form, Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Expenditures Claim, has been revised to include additional prescribed information for SR&ED claim preparers. If a claim preparer was engaged with the preparation of the SR&ED claim, the information below will need to be disclosed in part 9:
- The name of each claim preparer that has accepted consideration to prepare or assist in the preparation of the SR&ED claim;
- The business number of the claim preparer. For individuals, the Goods and services tax (GST) or Harmonized sales tax (HST) number of the claim preparer must be provided;
- The billing arrangement code for the claim preparer as described in Form T661 Part 9 in the list of Billing arrangement codes;
- The billing rate;
- Any other billing arrangement (if other than those identified under Billing arrangement codes in the T661 Part 9); and
- The total fee paid, payable or expected to pay.
Part 9 must be signed and dated by the authorized signing officer of the corporation, and Part 9 must be completed with Form T661. For claims filed on or after January 1, 2014, a penalty of $1,000 may be assessed for each SR&ED claim that has incomplete, missing, or inaccurate claim preparer(s) information.