he Society of Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada) agrees with several new measures in the 2013 federal budget that will improve Canada’s productivity performance.
Given the current climate of fiscal restraint, the CMA welcomes any initiatives that are geared towards:
1. Transforming the creativity of Canadians into products & services for the global marketplace.
2. Introducing a training tax credit for communications technology.
3. Making the Accelerated Capital Cost Allowance on machinery and equipment permanent.
4. Investing in basic literacy and numeracy skills.
5. Improving the SR&ED tax credit program.